Saturday, October 18, 2008

Preview...Horses For A Cause, Courtesy of Glenda/Mid-South

All of our beautiful photos today are courtesy of a sweet friend and regular reader, Glenda/Mid-South. I recently put out a call for someone to share photos of the beautiful horses that had been placed around the Germantown area for the past several months, and she enthusiastically and graciously agreed to share the photos she had taken of them.
Didn't she do a wonderful job capturing these horses in all their glory? The horses are the creations of local artists and were placed around the Germantown Charity Horse Show arena in June, and later around the city of Germantown after the Germantown Charity Horse Show had ended.
Some citizens expressed wishes that they might become permanent additions to the city...everyone has enjoyed their presence so much. They are being auctioned for charity this weekend, and I'm so glad that Glenda captured their beauty in her photos so that we can remember and enjoy them any time we wish.
My observant and thoughtful husband noticed that the horses had been displayed one last time at Saddle Creek Mall in Germantown this weekend. We took photos of each horse yesterday, and my father went with us. I think that he enjoyed them as much as we did, and we took some photos of him by one of the horses, too. He took my sister and niece to see them today, and they enjoyed seeing them, also.
I will be sharing photos of each of the 20 artists' horses, including photos of the detail of their beautiful work, occasionally over the next few weeks, and I hope that you will enjoy seeing them as much as we have in this area.
Once again, thank you so much to our friend Glenda for her great eye and generosity, and this great preview of some of the horses commissioned for this charity auction. We so enjoyed your photos!!
I hope that you're having a great weekend!

6 comments:

Lucky Dip Lisa said...

I love the horse images! What a unique exhibition/auction. I hope it does really well. Thanks for sharing.

Kate said...

I love all the different community statues and sculptures that are regularly shown in cities. These photos are a great collection: different colours, designs, stances. What a treat to see!

Jim Klenke said...

They all look so nice. Glenda did a wonderful job photographing them.

Anonymous said...

The horses are a magnificent collection. I like them and her photos of them.

Janet said...

Beautiful...a truly BIG art project!
Selma just placed its butterfly sculptures. Come see!

Jane Hards Photography said...

These are so beautiful