Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The babies are here!...and so is a new blogging friend!

When I posted recently about the nesting Canadian Geese in this post, several of you asked for me to please update you when the babies arrived. Well, this weekend we spied this lovely goose family enjoying a family outing on Chickasaw Gardens lake. Definitely an "awwww" moment for DH and me, and I hope for you, too.
I also want to introduce you to a blogging friend of mine, Pat, who is an excellent photographer, and an even sweeter and most genuine friend. I have known her through her personal/homemaking blog, Back Porch Musings, for over a year, and now she has a new photo blog. She took that gorgeous lily photo above. You can find her photo blog, Snapshots from the Back Porch, here. Every visit to Pat's blog is a delight, and I am always inspired by her beautiful photos, and I think that you will enjoy them, also. When I have a few more minutes, I will be adding her link to my sidebar. Please stop by and enjoy her beautiful photography, and welcome her to the photo blogging community.

11 comments:

Janet said...

What cute babies!
I will sure try to visit Pat and her gorgeous photos.

PAT said...

Andrea, thank you so much for the wonderful mention here!

I enjoyed seeing the Geese, parents and babies!

Pat

Jim Klenke said...

The little ones are cute. I gave Pat a hello. Missouri is my old neck of the woods.

Unknown said...

They are adorable!

Jilly said...

Hey, great babies! Loved the horses yesterday too. What an expression.

thanks for intro to your friend's blog. She does indeed take beautiful photos. I love the generosity of the blogging community in recommending others, helping others, giving advice etc. It's heartwarming.

Halcyon said...

Ugh! I hate Canadian geese. They are overpopulated here in Jackson. There are about 100 mature geese (not including the babies and teens) that crowd onto the golf course where I play. They poo all over the greens and get in your way. They are also very agressive and you can hardly chase them off.

Usually I think baby animals are very cute. But sorry, not in the case of Canadian Geese.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your beautiful blog. I always enjoy your posts. Are the southern magnolias around the lake in Chickasaw Gardens still there? I seem to remember they bloom in late May or early June. That fragrance evokes memories of Memphis for me.

Southern Heart said...

Thanks to all of you for the sweet (and funny!) comments...

And anonymous, I wanted to thank you especially for taking the time to share your kind comment. Sometimes I get bogged down with work, etc, and don't have time to devote to blogging as I would like, and kind comments like yours really keep me going with this.

We actually visited Chickasaw Gardens that day to see if the magnolias were in bloom (always looking for that photo! :) They are budding right now, and some of the higher blooms were opening. They should be open this weekend, or definitely within a week or so. They do smell heavenly, don't they? I will try to get a good photo for you.

Please let me know if there is anything else that you would like to see...and thank you so much for visiting!

Jane Hards Photography said...

So,so cute. It must be spring.

smilnsigh said...

Oh yes, Pat is the sweetest!

And not sure if you saw my earlier comment... so I'll add this thank you again, here...

Thank you for the nice comment, on the little hand made truck, which my husband made for a friend.

Miss Mari-Nanci
Photos-City-Mine

Greyhound Girl said...

I love the babies! So adorable!

And the Lily is beautiful- I intend to check Pat's blog out- looks right up my ally!