Sunday, March 2, 2008

Baptist Memorial Hospital

Baptist Memorial Hospital on Walnut Grove Road was built in 1979. It originally was built as a suburban satellite hospital for the large Baptist Memorial Hospital System due to the growing suburban population at the time, and both of our sons were born there. The original Baptist Hospital in downtown Memphis was imploded on November 6, 2005, to make way for a bioscience research center (currently being built).

Baptist is a 706 bed hospital, and according to Health Grades ranked highest in Tennessee and in the top 5% nationally for cardiac surgery, stroke care and gastrointestinal surgery and procedures.

All colored bold script should provide a clickable link for more information. Please click on the photo to see an enlarged version.

10 comments:

J. Andrew Lockhart said...

For some reason, I think I know someone that went there.....

Ming the Merciless said...

I may have driven pass the hospital over 10 years ago when I visited my friend who was a graduate student at University of Tennessee in Memphis...or was that University of Memphis. Nonetheless, I remember visiting Memphis.

Anonymous said...

These are the kinds of places that are so nice to be in when you need help in the worst way. Nice shot.

Jim Klenke said...

One of my few memories of Memphis was walking past the entrace to the Memorial Hospital, I guess the one what was imploded in the mid to late 70s. My father took us there for some type of convention at the Mid South Coloseum. Is Mid South still there?

Chris said...

I should shoot our Baptist Hospital so we can compare.

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Oh, yes, now your photos enlarge beautifully. Good job!

Chris, be sure to aim to the leg! ~8D

Joy said...

Great that you got the whole hospital in your frame.

Thanks for visiting Norwich Daily Photo and for leaving your comments. Much appreciated. Do visit again!



joy
A Pinay In England
Your Love Coach
The Goddess In You

George Townboy said...

Nice shot.

If only I were the man that invented the orange and white striped barrier with the flashing light!

Janet said...

Hey, I think we've been at this hospital before. Would this be in east Memphis?

Denton said...

Small world. I visited Baptist Memorial Hospital in the past. Not as a patient or visitor. They used my services for some computer consulting once.