Sunday, April 6, 2008

Go Tigers Go!

The University of Memphis Tigers basketball team made it to the Final Four in San Antonio, defeating UCLA on Saturday, and will be playing for the NCAA National Championship tonight (televised on the CBS network). Everywhere you look, this is what you see....people showing their spirit, and sporting their Tiger blue. I thought that the little girl above in her cheerleader attire looked especially excited about her Tigers' accomplishments.
There is so much excitement in the city, and everyone you meet is talking about "the game" with high hopes. The Tigers had an NCAA record season this year with only one loss, and spent quite a bit of time at #1 on national polls. They have made three Final Four appearances, in 1973, 1985, and 2008.
The players on this team play unselfishly, seem to really like each other, and under the direction of Coach John Calipari, seem to be really having fun no matter how competitive the game or opponent.
Regardless of the outcome tonight, this season has been an exhilarating one, and a delight to watch. It has been both fun and unifying for the students, fans, and for the citizens of Memphis. We love you, Tigers!
Go Tigers Go!

11 comments:

Kris McCracken said...

I hope the Tigers can go all the way for you.

GO TIGERS GO!

Anonymous said...

I have seen the playoffs up to this point, at least, and enjoyed them. I like the photo you posted today. Nice work.

Abraham Lincoln in Brookville, Ohio where you can see a tiny fly on a honey bee's wing.

Jim Klenke said...

I didnt know Memphis was playing? Did they make any field goes?

OK, sorry, congrats on making the championship game. I am not bitter.

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

ROARRRRRRRRRR! :D

Have a nice week ahead!

PAT said...

Great photo, Andrea...congrats to the Tigers!

Pat

Chris said...

I wanted you to know that I stopped by, but because of my shoulder surgery, I can't type with both hands. Visiting the sites, though, has helped brighten my day!

go tigers!!!

Chris
http://nashville-dailyphoto.blogspot.com

smilnsigh said...

I thought of you, when the guys here, were talking about the game.

Miss Mari-Nanci

Janet said...

Ah, I had a feeling this might be a Final Four post! Very appropriate.

George Townboy said...

Congrats to Memphis for making the finals!! I'm "watching" it on Yahoo ... OT right now, Kansas 71, Memphis 68. Ahh, Kansas 73 now!

I'm rooting for you!!! And Memphis!

George Townboy said...

Ah, what a shame. They put up a good fight though!! Still a great thing to have made it!

Halcyon said...

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWKS!!! :)

(Sorry, I am a Jayhawk through-and-through!)