Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Pink Dogwood

Pink Dogwood
I took this photo in our garden yesterday. When you really study them, dogwood flowers look almost like delicate sculpture, don't they?

Can you see the little fellow on the back of one of the petals? I didn't notice him until I viewed the photo on the largest size on Flickr. Feel free to click on the photo and view it in the larger size in my Flickr account if you would like a closer view.

Are you having a good week so far? This weekend is supposed to be sunny and in the 60s after some stormy weather tomorrow...perfect photo weather, don't you think? What are your weekend plans?

10 comments:

Janet said...

Delightful! I don't believe I have ever seen pink dogwood that is this deep pink! Really pretty.

Kate said...

Memphis has a certain mystique for me, and the pink dogwood certain reinforces it in my mind!!

Fénix - Bostonscapes said...

Yes, they do. I find their texture and color particularly appealing. Lovely photo, SH. :)

Halcyon said...

Nice photo. I don't have any particular plans for the weekend. Probably will golf and work in my garden. :)

Anonymous said...

Did you miss this weekend forecast for snow? I almost fainted when I saw the forecast for SW Ohio on the news yesterday. Wet Snow Flakes.

This is a beautiful flower and the details are endless.

Abraham Lincoln in Brookville, Ohio.

Jack and Joann said...

I like your Memphis music selections. And the pink dogwood is beautiful.

Greyhound Girl said...

This is just lovely... I love the dogwood and this shade of pink is perfect.

Can't wait to see your photographs after a warm weekend!

George Townboy said...

Love this photo!

I need help identifying flowers and birds!

Unknown said...

I love dogwoods but the pink ones are particularly beautiful to me. There's simply no other tree like it for me and I miss them so. I haven't spotted any here in South Texas. :)

Joy said...

I think they look like flowers on wedding cakes :D

Thanks for visiting Norwich Daily Photo and leaving your comments. Have a great week ahead!


joy
A Pinay In England
Your Love Coach
I, Woman