Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sculpture, Dixon Gallery & Gardens


As you can see, not everything is "traditional" at Dixon Gallery and Gardens. This is one of the outdoor sculptures that I discovered while walking the many paths at Dixon. I always enjoy modern or abstract art (especially when mixed in with the more traditional or classic) because it makes you think. The piece ends up being whatever you find while studying it...which is always interesting, and there is no right or wrong in how you interpret it.

I'd love to hear about what you see in this piece...

5 comments:

Annie said...

I see a pixie's face here, a very big pixie.

Halcyon said...

I think it looks sort of like a mouth. I really enjoy outdoor sculptures though. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I like traditional sculpture so this sort of thing never appealed to me. I guess I am too old. LOL

Kunal Bhatia said...

my first reaction: a pair of round eyes, and a stout pointed nose.
regards,
- Mindless Mumbai
and, thanks for the wishes

Joy said...

Reminds me of Phantom of the Opera.

A blustery Saturday here in Norwich, but I hope you're having fun wherever you are! Have a lovely weekend!

Thanks for visiting Norwich Daily Photo and your kind comments. Drop by again!

joy
A Pinay In England
Your Love Coach